Thursday, September 23, 2010

Starting With The Basics

ACCUSED SENIORS SCAMMER TARGET OF TV SHOW

In early December, Toronto police have suspected Richard Earl Rupert stealing money from the elderly. Toronto police issued the Canada-wide warrant for Richard last January.

I felt this article was effective because this kind of thing can happen to anyone and because Richard is "polite, well-mannered, and well-spoken" nobody would ever expect him to be a thief. I thought the whole article was interesting because I was shocked when I read about it. It amazes me that one man could scam so many people into giving him money while saying the same thing to every person.

The ending of the article was appropriate because it informs the readers that Richard will be airing on America's Most Wanted across Canada and the United States.


B.C. RAVE RAPE SUSPECT ARRESTED

RCMP in Maple Ridge, B.C. recently arrested an 18-year-old man for being involved with a gang rape of a drugged 16-year-old girl on Septembe 10, 2010. Police say the man was arrested and released but are hoping that prosecuters will approve a sexual assault charge.

I believe this article is effective because all parents and teenagers would show interest in an article such as this. As a teenager I feel disgusted that such a thing could ever happen to an innocent girl. I often go to parties and this makes me realize that anything can happen and i should be more cautious as to where i set my drinks and personal things. The boys involved should feel ashamed and no matter how old they are, they should all recieve charges. To rape a 16-year-old DRUGGED girl is bad enough, let alone put naked pictures of her on the internet, which are now being seen by men all over the world. If these boys do not recieve any charges, they will be dangerous to the community and girls will always be feeling unsafe.

I thought the article was very informative and I think that all parents and teenagers should be introduced to this story. Having such a thing happen would be a nightmare to any parent and teenagers will learn to be more safe while out with their 'friends'.


FACEBOOK RESOLVES DISRUPTION ISSUE

For several hours on, Thursday, September 23, 2010, a technical glitch blocked or slowed access to Facebook. This blocked the constant flow of updates from 500 million Facebook users.

To Facebook this has been "the worst outage we've had in over four years". This outage was said to had come from a hack spread through twitter. The attack did not shut Twitter down but it spread "tweets" of blocked-out texts to people's Twitter accounts. It was said that by evening the site was running smoothly.

The article had stated that Jennifer Sokolowsky, a freelance writer and editor in Seattle, was in the middle of contacting some Facebook friends about a possible job when the site slowed to a frustrating crawl.

“I realized I don't have any other way to contact them,” she said “If it's not working properly, that's when you realize how tapped in you are to it.”

When Jennifer says this, it makes me realize how much people rely on facebook and how frustrated people will get if their facebook is not running smoothly. Last night, I had experience with the slowness of Facebook, when I clicked on links nothing would load. I also became angry because I relied on the website so much.

I enjoyed reading the article because I had experience with what they were saying and I understood how people would be feeling. It also informed me about the movie "The Social Network" which will be realeased October 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment