Although knowing what the governments plans are may cause conflicts between the public and the political people, I believe that the public has a right to know everything that the government is doing. The public gets affected by the choices of the government so to me we should be able to have a voice, and if we are not aware of the governments plans than we cannot give our opinion and government will not know what the people want.
If i received leaked information and was forced not to release it by the government I think I would go ahead and do it anyways. There has been rules set out by government in New Brunswick that I was not happy with and never had the chance to voice my opinion, so if I ever received information about the government that I thought the public should know I would definitely release it. I would justify my decision by looking at rules NB government have decided on that affected many people. By doing this I would know that keeping leaked information about such an important thing from the world would not be the right thing to do. I don't think any government should be forcing people not to release information about them anyways because the public should ALWAYS have a voice in the governments decisions and if government won't allow information to be released they are obviously in the wrong.
If I had information I thought the public should know I think I would send it to Openleaks. Because Openleaks wants to be neutral I don't think it would cause as much conflict as it would if I were to send my information to Wikileaks.
In this article about Wikileaks, it says that they are trying to put a stop to Wikileaks because they released so much news that have not been filtered like it should be. News it said that Wikileaks released was an edited version of pilots shooting and killing civilians in Iraq. Julian Assagne sends e-mails to Wikileak supporters in order to keep them strong and be able to deal with the criticism that is coming their way. At the end of the article, the question is asked, "can a force like Wikileaks really be stopped in today's digital world?" I believe that Wikileaks cannot be stopped, if people hear information that the public should know they will do everything in their power to make sure they know. There is so much access to the internet and so many users of the internet that information will be released as long as the person is willing to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment