Looking at the list of predictions for technology in 2011, I think that (4) "Realism in the Mobile Market. Apple will be seen to dominate the cell phone market." and (8) "Bye bye Yahoo. Here comes Facebook." are the two that are most likely to occur. I believe that Apple will dominate the cell phone market because already I am seeing many students (including me) and parents that own iPhones. Before blackberry's were the 'big thing' but not in 2011. Apple everyday is improving their technology and it will only get better as the year progresses. Next, I strongly believe that Yahoo will no longer be as popular as it once was because there are so many users on Facebook. If Facebook had gotten more clicks than google, then Yahoo definitely does not have a chance. I don't even remember what Yahoo is used for? The two that I think are the most unlikely to happen is (1) "It’s Over For The DVD. The Decline of Cable To Begin. BlueRay to Evaporate." and (2) "TVs Become Computers. The end of the TV as we knew it begins in 2011." I don't think that DVD players will evaporate, if anything they are increasing. Although its not the standard DVD player anymore, it is now the more high tech DVD player known as Blue Ray that is becoming more popular. I think that a person would sooner be able to simply put in a DVD rather than hooking up cables and finding movies on the internet. As for TVs becoming computers, I don't see this happening at all. I don't understand why they would make TVs into computers when both TVs and computers/laptops are improving as much as they are.
Looking at the list of predictions for news media in 2011, I think that (6) "The death of the 'foreign correspondent' " and (5) "Social vs. Search" are the most likely to occur. It says that citizens will provide digital technology to share and distribute news abroad, I think that by doing this the news will gather information that is more useful to citizens and will relate to the public more so than information they gather up themselves. In 'Social vs. Search' it is basically saying that people rely on Facebook for their news, I couldn't agree more with this because I often find out most of my news on Facebook either by reading other people's status' or by ads on the side of the page. You can pretty much find out the weather for tomorrow to who had died this one, just by scrolling down a page of updated profiles. As for predictions that I think are unlikely to happen, I can only completely understand one which would be (10) "The rise of Interactive TV". This is almost the same as the TV turning into the internet in the technology predections, therefore my same reasoning applies. Other news media listed I don't understand and have zero knowledge of them, so I can't exactly say whether is is likely or unlikely to happen.
One prediction I have for the year of 2011 is being able to access satellite TV on the iPhone. On the iPhone you already have access to the internet where you can go to websites to watch movies or videos. The iPhone is improving everyday and as it said in the predictions for technology, the iPhone will take over all mobile devices; in order to take over all mobile devices, Apple will have to do some incredibly awesome to succeed. Another prediction for 2011 is that I think all textbooks will be taken out of schools because students will be able to access them either on laptops or on their cellphones. I know of people already downloading apps of the text books required for their studieson their iPhones. If people are finding their textbooks needed on their phone then they can definitely find it on the internet. The more people that do this, the less textbooks schools will need.
No comments:
Post a Comment