Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I am a man!" - Barbara Frum

The interview between Barbara Frum and Sandra Good was not as standard as most interviews. Frum had kept "her cool" by ignoring the rude comments made by Good and repeating the question over until it was finally answered. Frum acted in a professional manner by not letting any of Good's comments bother her.

If Frum had acted more aggressive in the interview she would have looked just as dumb as Sandra Good looked. Frum would have in no way been acting professional if she did act this way and many listeners wouldn't be satisfied with the behavior.

"When did you last see Lynette Fromme?". In my opinion I think that this is the most effective question that Frum asks. I believe this is the most effective because it shows the listeners that Good cannot give a direct answer because Frum has to continually repeat the question. This may cause listeners to suspect Good to have something to do with the crime that her roommate did.

Some important things to remember from the Terry Seguin presentation is while during an interview make sure that the question you asked is being answered. Also don't let the person being interviewed make you forget what you initially asked. Terry Seguin also said that he does not move on to the next question until the first one is answered, I believe that that's important while doing an interview because it lets the listeners know that you are not letting the person off easy.

By listening to Frum's interview I've learned to simply ignore the rude comments that are put toward you and carry on with the interview. I also learned to make sure that the question being asked is answered properly.

If I had the opportunity to interview one person I think I would choose Sean Graham. I would not choose Sean Graham because Terry Senguin had interviewed him but because of the driving law he had made for New Brunswick. I believe the laws he made for young drivers are unfair and I would love to have the opportunity to confront him about his stupid decision. I don't think the interview would be tough because if it went anything like Terry Senguin's, Sean Graham would just make himself look foolish. Each question wouldn't be overly hard to answer, therefore, he would not, or should not have a problem responding.

No comments:

Post a Comment